Terms and Conditions
Note: I get it, no one wants to read these long Terms and Conditions but pretty please with a cherry on top, pay special attention to the Important Class Information to avoid any surpises so we can have a pleasant and fun class together! - Chu Chu Classes
Important Class Information
- Our classes are designed for 18+, you may request to bring a minor by contacting email@example.com but it is up to the instructor's discretion to allow the minor or not. Please note that any minor must be accompanied by an adult that is also taking the class.
- We do not allow spectators in the classroom or a non-participating person to accompany another student, you must be a paying student to attend a workshop.
- We allow registered students to cancel 5 days before the start of their class with no penalty.
- If you cancel under 5 days refunds or re-booking is not available.
- Classes only run if there are at least 4 participants enrolled.
- Communication via e-mail is mandatory. Please ensure that you allow firstname.lastname@example.org in your inbox so emails do not land in your spam folder.
- Groupon students must bring GST in cash (exact change) to the class. The exact amount will be sent to you in the reminder email a few days before your class
- Some classes will require you to bring a material fee. Please check your class description and bring this in cash (exact change).
- Painting Classes - You must bring your painting home the same day, a drip tray will be provided for you as the paintings will not be dry. Please make arrangements for transportation, we will not store them for you at the studio.
- Pottery Classes
- Pottery materials are hazardous if safety precautions are not adhered to. You agree to not drink or eat while working and to dispose of dry materials as directed.
- You understand that this art form has inherent variables that may cause your pieces to crack or break. As we allow you to make several pieces to avoid disappointment, pieces that are damaged will not be reimbursed or replaced.
- Pottery is generally ready within 2-4 weeks of your last class, failure to arrange pick up within 2 months for your finished pottery is subject to disposal.
- Students are required to arrive at their class 10-15 minutes early for registration (no earlier). Failure to do so may result in no admittance as we start the class sharply on time.
- You will be automatically opted in to our newsletter when booking a class, you will have options to opt out after.
- MEDIA RELEASE I hereby grant Serena Chu the right to use, without payment of any fee or charge, any written information, photograph, video tape or other visual media of myself taken during any for the sole purpose of promoting Chu Chu Classes and the fulfillment of its mandate.
Terms and Conditions
Studio Policies & Conduct
Chu Chu Classes is a privately owned business and has the right to terminate any student’s participation in any classes, without a refund, should the student, student’s parents or guardians or family members or any other relevant parties associated with the student not respect or uphold our studio practices and policies.
- These policies pertain to students (private or group classes).
- We are fun, encouraging, and uplifting in our speech. Excessive negativity, hate-speech, inflammatory political agendas, volatile social debates, inflammatory topics, identity politics, disrespectful ways of discussion or racial or religious hate groups will not be tolerated by Chu Chu Classes.
- We have a strict zero-tolerance policy for bullying or harassment of any kind. Students who display such behaviour will be immediately required to leave.
- Students are required to not act disruptive or disrespectful to each other or the instructor.
- We have a zero tolerance policy for drug use or substance abuse of any kind (this includes, but is not limited to the use of marijuana).
- People’s personal lives are none of our / your business – we absolutely require a neutral, professional approach and mutual respect in this regard inside the classroom – we do not allow inappropriate interpersonal displays of affection or displays or discussions of personal problems or situations in the classroom in ways that may make anyone uncomfortable.
- All students are to be respectful of the property of the landlord, instructor and other artists or tenants. The classroom space part of a larger building with other occupants. We do not remove or use things that do not belong to us nor wander into spaces not allocated for our usage. No tampering with other artists’ work or belongings will be tolerated.
- We expect a teachable and humble attitude from students. A student who doesn’t pay attention and refuses to do as instructed cannot produce good work.
- No instructor (or any other third party) can be held liable for any injury, loss or theft sustained on the premises by any other third party for any reason at any time.